Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Grown Ups

I just started reading Alice In-Between by Phyllis Renolds Naylor. It is about a 13 year old  named Alice who doesn't know if she's still a kid or am adult. I just started reading it but I can tell  there is already a big set back for the character. Is Alice an adult meaning she has to start acting like one or is she still a child wanting to be a grown up.

 On the title of the book it says, "How grown-up does Alice want to be?" Even before reading this you can get a sense of what might hold back Alice. For example in the book it's Alice's brother forgets her birthday! So she decides that he would take her to a fancy play ans dinner. After she is already she looks in the mirror she realizes how grown up she is. This is were Alice realizes that she isn't a little kid anymore. So Alice is now excited she is finally a grown up. but does Alice realize what being a grown up means. After Alice's mother dies she realizes she has to become a grown up and is not a little kid anymore


I think this book can be to a lot of Tweens just like me. They hit the nail right on the head because I know that sometimes I want to be an adult and do what I want and not be babied around. But time and time again I change my mind because I don't want to grow up. It's different when you want to me  be more mature but sometimes getting ahead of yourself can be bad. You shouldn't rush to be a grown up because soon you will be one and it might now be so great. Being a grow up means that you have to be the one making hard decicions or staying strong in a situation. Don't grow up too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment