Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Character change

I've started to read the book Wonder  for the second time. I read it in the summer of 2012 but I decided to read it again because after learning about character change I wanted to look a little deeper. The book is about a kid named August who is going into 5th grade. August has a "messed up" face. His parents are starting to decide whether or not he should go to real school for the first time. Middle School. Even though I'm only little way into the book I could already sense a character change that is happening to August.

I could already see a big character change in August. At the very beginning of the book he expresses to us that he doesn't want to go to school. I'm not going to lie its scary to go into middles school but not being like every other kid. At the very beginning you could really tell that August doesn't not want to go to school at all. This already shows a clear obstacle that August is going to have to face. Even though we just got into the the book I have already saw a small change in him. He starts to consider going to school after his parents start talking about it too him. You can tell that this is the start of August's journey to becoming a "normal" kid.

This book really helps us learn a lesson anout how you shouldn't be scared to do something and sometimes you have to face your fears. You also have to have a positive look on things and have t

No comments:

Post a Comment