Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Being the Character. Spoilers Included!

I completed The Fault In Our Stars! Before I read this book I had heard such good things about it. So I thought it would be a great time to read it. The book is about a girl name Hazel who struggles with lung cancer finds a boy and falls in love with him. They read a book and the want to find the author so he could tell them the ending.
 Throughout the book Hazel goes through hard times and some of the best times. Even though I dont have cancer I can relate to her alot. John Green, the author really gets into a teenagers mind. In the book John shows Hazel throughout her hard times. For example when she had to go into the hospital the first thing she thought was "I look so ugly,I hope Augustus didn't see me." I really like this line because it shows that even if Hazel has cancer she is still your average teenager. I think that is what Hazel wants most in this book, to have a normal teenager life and to have a perfect relationship with the boy she likes.You also see Hazel in the best times of her life. For example she is able to have the time of her life when she gets to go with Augustus to Amsterdam. I like how in this book there are alot of different emotions.
 In the book there are so many emotions but when reading this book I went through alot of emotions as well. when Hazel spoke at Augustus funeral it tugged at my heart strings. I really like this book because you feel like your part of the story. You become part of Hazel and you go through her struggles and you get to feel happy when she is happy. I would recommend this book to anyone that wants to look through another pair of eyes because after reading this book, I look at life in a whole new way.

No comments:

Post a Comment